Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mythical Creatures Week: Mermaid Thursday

Ooh, sorry for the late post ladies but better late than never right? =) I couldn't capture this mani while there was good sunlight so you will just have to do with these terribly lit pics. Apologies!





Sunlight-ish pics



Pics under artificial lighting - which I think looks a little better actually.


My base color was Milani's holographic gold polish in 3D. I stamped plate BM217 using China Glaze's Harmony (purple), Adore (blue), and Cherish (green). Finally, I layered it over with Nubar Opulent Pearl which is a subtle flakie that's not very visible in these photos.


Hrmm, this mani wasn't too bad to do. The only thing that gave me trouble was thinking of a concept and then choosing the colors. The execution of it all was actually pretty smooth.  When I put on the Milani 3D polish, I don't think it really suited my skintone but with the layering of the "mermaid scales" on top, it didn't turn out too shabby I don't think hahah. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this mani. Until tomorrow, folks!

2 comments:

Nadia said...

They really remind mermaids, great job!

Jello Kitty said...

Nadia - Thanks =D and thanks for the suggestions yesterday too!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!