Friday, July 29, 2011

My First Franken

Warning: this is gonna be a huge post. So remember that picture I left you guys with before I went off to Hawaii? You know, the one with the two bottles and apparently one of them was a franken? Well today I'm gonna be introducing you to the polish you've all been so patiently waiting for (and probably have forgotten about since it's been so long)! It doesn't quite have a name yet but I'm getting a good number of suggestions. I'm thinking anything galaxy/universe/space related would be awesome. Tons of pictures ahead...



These are the bottle pics that I teased you guys with =P



Rough test swatches I did before a full mani







Spammage of mani pics!





Blurred photos to show off how sparkly the glitter is!



Mah hands! For some strange reason my index finger kept twitching
when I took these photos. Must've been nervous or something =P


Macro shots



The two glitters I used. Top is a gray holographic hex 
and bottom is a silver holographic bar



Here is a short video I made to show the glitter in sunlight


Phew! *Wipes sweat off forehead* That was whole a lotta pictures. I hope you enjoyed! I basically mixed a bunch of base polishes together that consisted of a black jelly, some black with shimmer, and clear polish. I started adding the hex glitter first then added the bar glitter afterwards. I thinned to a consistency I liked and let it settle. Of course the glitter is pretty heavy and since the suspension I used was not meant for glitter, it required a good shaking (and resting!) before application.  Aaaaand, I'm done. Happy Friday people =).

3 comments:

Nadia said...

That was a lot of work. I liked, Its like a clean dark sky with a super starry night.
Yes I love glitter nail polishes.

Nailderella said...

Gorgeous! I love it! I esp love the different sizes of glitter you have in it!

btw, I've left some awards for you on my blog at:
http://nailderellanails.blogspot.com/2011/07/amazing-awards.html

Jello Kitty said...

Nadia - You're right, it was quite a bit of work but it was worth it in the end heheh. I sent you a message through email. I hope you got it!

Nailderella - Aww, thank you so much! I am incredibly flattered. =) It's gonna be my first award ever! I will do an award post soon. Thanks again!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!