Thursday, July 28, 2011

Island Girl Honolulu Orchid

Hello beautiful ladies! Sorry it's been several days since my last post. Life has been very busy! So here's a mani I did last night that used one of the polishes I got from my recent vacation. Like I mentioned in my previous post, you can get Island Girl polishes from ABC Stores in Hawaii (and if I'm not mistaken, there is also an ABC Store or two in Las Vegas as well).  Anyway, this polish is Island Girl's Honolulu Orchid.  I don't think they really have any collections so you can pretty much find this all year round. It's a pink/purple creme polish that applies pretty well but I did three coats because I'm OCD like that. It has almost a satin finish once it dries but I topped it off with Seche Vite for a smooth and shiny finish instead. I did have a few nicks after I finished my mani b/c I was being rough without realizing it but it was nothing another quick coat of SV couldn't fix. Picture time!


 Sun


  Shade


Indoors




Left: indoors, Middle: shade, Right: sunlight


 

Gosh, the comparison swatches really make this polish look like different colors under different types of lighting. I dunno whether to call this a pink or a purple. I think it may be safe to say that it's some kind of fuschia color? Yeah... I think I'll call it a fuschia to be safe hahaha.  One thing is for sure though - it definitely does remind me of an orchid. I guess orchids have both purple and pink tones so this color is true to it's name heehee.  Anyways, enjoy your Thursday people and thanks for reading! =D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!