Thursday, August 18, 2011

Funky French: Essence Irreplaceable + OPI Glitzerland

Hello beauties! Before I get into today's post, I just wanna tell you all really quickly that there is currently a deal on Saveology right now on a CVS gift card! You can click HERE to purchase a $10 gift card for only six bucks! I know they are currently having sales of buy one get one 50% off on brands including Revlon and such so I would definitely hurry over and grab the deal before it ends! In addition to that, you can stock up on your nail polish goodies and look for coupons online giving you either $4 off a $20 purchase or a $5 off a $25 purchase on top of that! If you also have ECBs, I don't think you're gonna be paying much at all. Some of my nail polish buddies have spotted several discontinued OPI shades at theirs!!! I think there's only a little over a day till the sale is over so go go go!

So on today's nails, I did a gold themed French tipped mani... but funk-tified! My base color is Essence Irreplaceable. This is a light tan with gold flecks that I matte-ified. It was so pretty when it was shiny but I wanted to give it a contrast to the tips. To complete the look, I used scotch tape to create a two stripe French with OPI Glitzerland.


Don't they kinda look like I dipped them into gold? =P





 This mani was so hard to capture on camera!

 
 Such a contrast in sizes heheh


I think this could be an awesome mani for a toga party or any Greek/Roman goddess type of Halloween look. It's not too crazy for every day wear either! I believe the Essence brand polishes were once an exclusive European brand but can now actually be found in the US at Ulta stores! Considering the mini size, the quality of the polish and brush were really great - and for $1 it's a heck of a steal. They had a good selection at mine so it was a win win for me. I *have* heard that they are going to be discontinuing some shades so this is an incentive to go out there and get them before they disappear forever!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty mani!

Jello Kitty said...

@sonidlo - Thank you so much! I always love your manis too <3 You have the most gorgeous pics!

Polish Vixen Marisa said...

I really really like this!! XOXO

Jello Kitty said...

@Marisa - Thanks so much my dear =)

Robin said...

Holy cow - that is absolutely gorgeous! I'm going to have to get these!

Nadia said...

I didnt know that Essence was sold at US. And why I dont have this kind of idea to do manis? LOL

JeeZ TrendZ said...

this is so cute! Just got my first essence polish today and cant wait to try it out!! <3

Jello Kitty said...

@Robin - Thank you! You really do need the polishes. They're fabulous =)

@Nadia - Yeah, I actually didn't know Essence was sold here until recently hahah... shopping addiction!

@JeeZ TrendZ - Thank you! Congrats on your first Essence polish! You're gonna love them =D

nailXchange said...

Wow, this mani is just immaculate!

rebecca said...

very pretty!! i was gonna buy this when i was in ulta... i should have.

Jello Kitty said...

@nailXchange - Thank you my dear!

@rebecca - Thanks! Yes, these polishes are awesome. You gotta go back and pick them up! *is a total enabler* =P

Anutka said...

I like the subtle tips! This is beautiful :)

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!