Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blue Rainbow Flakie Layering

Umm, yeah... I had no clue what to title this post. One reason being that it is ridiculously difficult to even give a name to this mani and another being that I am running on absolutely no sleep for the past 24 hours (probably more now). I'm quite delirious. One good thing to mention though is that my internet is finally alive and kicking! I had to make a bajilliion phone calls and kept getting transferred and put on hold and blablabla... FINALLY got some technical support to come to my house to get everything working again. Yay. Warning, warning: one million pictures ahead...


 The final result of layering and layering and layering... (click to expand!)

 


Not my typical pictures but I thought it'd be fun to try out
something a little different. Yes, lots of pics to get these right.




The sparkles just make my heart flutter!







The many faces of this mani. It changed so many colors, there was 
no way I could capture it all on camera. I wish I could show you 
guys in real life! But DANG, was it freaking thick before it dried...


 Okay now I NEVER take pics like this but I thought it would be 
fun to show off my bottle holding skills. What do you guys think?
Am I a pro at holding polishes yet? Hrmm, I think I could use
a few more lessons in bottle holding to be honest =P


This is a result of staying up till the wee hours of the morning and being ridiculously judgmental and unsatisfied with my mani. I just kept putting more and more polish on. I have no clue how many I even used... it must've been at least 6 or more different kinds. What I DO know is that my base color was China Glaze Calypso Blue - the one I'm holding in the pics. I'm so happy the internet is back up so I could share this post with you guys. Gosh dangit, if it weren't for my phone, I would be dying without access to the internet. Is it bad that I was semi afraid to admit that? D= ... We are so dependent on the internet nowadays huh?! But I must say, without it, I would never be able to meet some of the most fabulous nail polish lovers out there. You guys are awesome! Thank you to all who have followed my blog - I appreciate it so much. I have several awards that I need to dedicate a blog post to but I need to save that for when I actually have time to write a nice post. Until then, I'm gonna try to function for the rest of the day without crashing and burning... =P

11 comments:

Tanja said...

That looks absolutely gorgeous. I need to buy some flakie polishes ASAP! :) what are your favorites?

JeeZ TrendZ said...

I LOVE THIS SOOO MUCH *leaves to buy flakies immediately*

Nadia said...

We are having now a "tsunami" of flakies at my country now (yay no longer need to spent $$$ with Nfu OH.)
Im totally dependent of internet.

Witoxicity said...

Wowowee! This is so amazingly gorgeous! I wouldn't mind seeing another million pictures of this. :D Good that your internet is back up. I know the feeling when there's no connection. Helplessness! Heh heh!

Nail Designs xox said...

OMG thats soooo pretty!!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is really really pretty!! Jealous.

heartNAT said...

:+:GASP:+: I'm glad you posted a lot of pics of this one. SOOOOO gorgeous =]

Girly Bits said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for posting. If you remember, could you please tell me what polishes you used? I do love this. New follower here ♥

Girly Bits said...

PS. I am going to add you to my blog roll as well. I am really liking your blog

Polarbelle said...

You have really beautiful fingers and nails. This color combo is awesome.

Jello Kitty said...

Omg, thank you to everyone for your wonderful compliments! I am truly flattered and grateful for each and every one of you who are following my blog! <3

@Tanja - I like the Nubar 2010 flakies quite a bit! Nfu Oh have a whole line of flakies but I'm not quite sure how accessible they are in Belgium =/

@Pam - From what I recall, I used Nubar 2010 for sure. On top of Calypso Blue, I used Pure Ice Heartbreaker then I layered some cheap blue glitter on top. It was unlabeled but I think you can find it at the Dollar Tree hahah. Then I put some more flakies on top. I hope that helps! Oh yes... and I did multiple top coats in between b/c I kept thinking it was going to be the last coat lol... There's even a matte top coat in there somewhere that got covered up! >_<

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!