Friday, August 26, 2011

Diagonal Stripes: OPI Ogre the Top Blue + Sally Hansen White On

Hi people! So I decided to experiment a little bit more with a striped scotch tape mani today. The colors I used for my main nails was OPI Ogre the Top Blue from the Shrek Collection and my accent nail had a base of Sally Hansen White On. Instead of straight vertical stripes, I did a diagonal pattern just to see how it would turn out. I didn't want to do too much so I only did an accent nail for experimentation purposes. =P


It almost reminds me of a sailor pattern. 
 This gives me future mani ideas hahah...






 
Left: indoors, Middle: shade, Right: sunlight




Ogre the Top Blue is actually a pretty bright blue creme that was opaque in one solid coat - I did 2 though hahah. I would say it leans towards a turquoise. Really pretty and perfect for bright sunny weather. The stripes I did were actually pretty easy to do. The only trick was to get them spaced properly and also because my nails do have a pretty high C curve, I had to make sure the tape pieces were lying flat. Overall though, good stuff! Happy Friday everyone - I hope you all have a great weekend to look forward to!

9 comments:

Beanie said...

this looks great! i can never get such clean edges on the stripes! brilliant!

Jello Kitty said...

@Beanie - Thank you! Stripes are one of my faves thing to do =)

Nadia said...

I liked the diagonal pattern, the blue is awsome, but Im afraid that would be to bold for me.

Jello Kitty said...

@Nadia - Thanks girl! And you're right... that blue was actually a lot brighter than I had originally thought haha. It's nice for a bold look though =P

Stephanie Merlin said...

This manicure looks fabulous on you. I love the colors and stripes!

Jello Kitty said...

@StardustStephanie - Thank you my dear =) You are too kind <3

Anutka said...

The striping is amazing!
Looks great... I have a shirt with a similar pattern... will have to try this when I wear it :P

I am tagging you with an award :D
http://wackylaki.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-awards.html

misaya's playground said...

I love it! I'm a new follower :)

http://misayasplayground.blogspot.com/

Miss Blue said...

I love this mani!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!