Wednesday, June 29, 2011

First Pink Wednesday!

So it's my first ever Pink Wednesday post and I've been contemplating about what kind of mani I wanted to do. I came across Chloe's blog and found this awesome funky french tutorial using scotch tape and I thought I'd give it a go but put my own little twist on it! I used Let Them Eat Rice Cake from OPI's Japanese Collection - I think it's an older polish because it still has the thin brush. I then topped it off with Seche Vite and waited a couple minutes for it to dry. I cut my scotch tape and used Zoya's Lolly polish from the 2011 Mod Matte Collection to give it an interesting look. I hope you guys enjoy!



 These were taken indoors.





I tried to take outdoor shots but it's been so gloomy so I apologize 
for the craptastic lighting! I will try to make a lightbox soon =)



I think my thumb actually looks best because I was lazy and just 
kept reusing the same piece of tape over and over again hahah!


I think this went well! Next time, I'll just cut new pieces of tape for each nail so the lines can be more crisp. Overall though, I really enjoyed doing this mani and hopefully I can use scotch tape to do other ones in the future!  My first Pink Wednesday is complete =) 


Thank you to these two beautiful ladies ^_^

11 comments:

Audrey said...

AWESOME SAUCE OF A MANI!! Great job!! Looking forward to seeing other inspiring mani's from you!! :-)

QT said...

Did you use painters tape or scotch tape?

QT said...

BTW.... loving this look, thanks!

Jello Kitty said...

QT - this was scotch tape! It's easier to see where you're placing the designs if you use scotch tape.

JeeZ TrendZ said...

This is really neat! This is and awesome, abstract design!!

Mary said...

Pretty pink!

Sandra said...

It's amazing!! Such a great idea how to switch up a regular french mani.

Jello Kitty said...

JeeZ TrendZ, Mary, Sandra - Thank you all! =D

rebecca said...

amazing!

Nailderella said...

it looks amazing! I wanna try!
btw, I'm really in love with your blog. your manis are so great!!

Jello Kitty said...

Thanks girls, I'm extremely flattered =)

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!