Friday, March 16, 2012

Green Speckled Matte

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of green manis pop up everywhere and appropriately so! St. Patrick's Day is only one day away and what better way to celebrate than by decorating our nails =D. Green is one of my favorite colors so this was a fun one for me to do. Since I also haven't done a matte mani in a while, I thought it was about time to bust out with the matte top coat. I used Essie Navigate Her from the recent Spring 2012 collection for the base. It's a beautiful pistachio green creme that I almost wanted to just leave alone. Too bad my Winmax #9 speckled green top coat was calling out to me. Yay for St. Patrick's Day manis!










This was 3 coats of Navigate Her but I could've easily gotten away with 2 for complete opacity. The formula was perfect perfect perfect. I loved it - couldn't have asked for a smoother application! I also love how the speckled green Winmax glitter had bits of black in it too. Reminds me a bit of a those speckled Easter eggs, you know, if it was a mutant alien one =P. So are you guys ready for the weekend? Time to hit all your local Irish pubs and get your green celebratin' on! Wooooo!

8 comments:

Mel, Glassflecked. said...

<3 this combo!

Nadia said...

Alien easter egg = rofl
I like this green "mated"= so cute.
Have a great weekend!!

beachgal said...

Looks ready for St. Patty's to me!

Conversando entre libros said...

Queda genial esta mezcla en mate. Me gusta mucho.

Amelia said...

looks great - i love it matt xx

Nailderella said...

amazing!! love it! and your nails are so beautiful!!

tjoyu said...

love love love!

Jello Kitty said...

Green + Matte + St. Patrick's Day = LOVE

Thank you all!

Post a Comment

Tell me what you have to say!